Vancouver, BC

2019 BC Budget Highlights

February 19, 2019 0

The British Columbia Government released its budget today and CleanBC features prominently this year. Our Clean Energy BC “Electrification of British Columbia” white paper focused on many of the areas that feature within the budget.

A key element to highlight is that currently 75% of the CleanBC plan has been established. The remaining 25% of the plan is still to be determined. This is the area where the majority of the electrification opportunities sit and also where the clean energy sector shines. The budget begins to move British Columbia in the right direction on climate action.

The member companies of Clean Energy BC have historically championed BC’s climate leadership vision and continue to support the Province’s invigorated new CleanBC Plan. Our members are already working throughout the world, accelerating the transition to renewable energy.

The clean energy sector is driving the third industrial revolution, investments, and jobs, and BC’s future is locked into the low-carbon world. Therefore, we look forward to a long-term relationship with the Province of BC as it endeavours to achieve its international commitments to carbon reduction through electrification.

Click here to read the highlights of the 2019 BC Budget

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *